We offer CGC Evaluation on the last day of Advanced Manners Class!
The CGC Program teaches good manners to dogs and responsible dog ownership to their owners. The 10-step Canine Good Citizen test is a non-competitive test for all dogs, including purebreds and mixed breeds. The CGC award is a prerequisite for many therapy dog groups. Some homeowner’s insurance companies are encouraging CGC testing, and an increasing number of apartments and condos require that resident dogs pass the CGC test. The CGC Program also includes the AKC CGC℠ Responsible Dog Owner Pledge.
The 10 Step Test Includes:
1. Accepting a friendly stranger
2. Sitting Politely for Petting
3. Allowing Grooming and Checks
4. Out for a Walk on a loose lead
5. Walking Through A Crowd
6. Sit, Down, & Stay in Place
7. Coming When Called - From 10 feet
8. Polite Reaction to Another Dog
9. Dog's Reaction to Distraction
10. Supervised Separation with a trusted person for 3 minutes